Disclaimer

Please take a look at the bottom of this page for the author's disclaimer and note of caution.

Sunday 16 May, 2010

Why I don't ask "Why Me" - Arthur Ashe

Why I don't ask "Why Me" - Arthur Ashe

Philosophical stuff, but worth reading introspecting about!

Arthur Ashe, the legendary Wimbledon player, was dying of AIDS. He contracted HIV during the blood transfusions he had received during a heart surgery in 1983. From all over the world, he received letters from his fans, one of which conveyed: "Why does GOD have to select you for such a bad disease?" To this Arthur Ashe replied: "The world over, 50 million children start playing tennis, 5 million learn to play tennis, 500,000 learn professional tennis, 50,000 come to the circuit, 5000 reach the grand slam, 50 reach Wimbledon, 4 to semi final, and 2 make it to the finals. When I was holding a cup, I never asked GOD `Why me?' And today, in pain, I should not be asking GOD `Why me?`" ...

Regards,

N


No comments:

Post a Comment